LAKE HIGHLANDS GIRLS CLASSIC LEAGUE
A. Standing Committees. The following committees shall be appointed at the first Board of Directors meeting following the Annual Meeting. Vacancies on such committees shall be filled by appointment by the President, in the case of a Committee Chairperson, or by the Committee Chairperson, in the event of a vacancy of a committee member. Any Committee empowered to hold disciplinary hearings may investigate and enforce the Code of Ethics/Conduct. Members of Standing Committees must be ‘in good standing with all local, state, and national soccer associations. Persons under suspension or probation are ineligible for Committee positions.
1. Executive Committee. All members of the Board of Directors are members of the Executive Committee and are empowered with the duties and responsibilities as set forth in the Bylaws and League Rules.
a. Appeal of Decision of Age Division Commissioner. A decision of an Age Division Commissioner may be appealed to the President. A written appeal must be received by the President of LHGCL within five (5) days of the decision of the Age Division Commissioner. The President will investigate the matter and render a decision within five (5) days of the receipt of the written appeal. The President may, in his/her discretion, refuse to render a decision, in which case the appeal will be referred to the Board of Directors. In that event, the provisions for appeal to the Board of Directors as set forth below will be applicable. The five (5) day requirement will begin when the President notifies the appellant of his/her refusal to decide the matter
b. Appeal of Decisions of Officers other than Age Division Commissioners. Appeals of decisions of the President or Officer other than Age Division Commissioner may only be made to the LHGCL Board of Directors. A written appeal must be received by the President of LHGCL within five (5) days of the decision of the Officer and must be accompanied by a cashier’s check or money order in the amount of ONE HUNDRED AND NO/100THS DOLLARS ($100.00), made payable to the LHGCL which will be refunded if the appeal is upheld. The appeal procedures must follow the guidelines of the NTSSA
c. Appeal of Decisions of the LHGCL Board of Directors. Appeals of decisions of the LHGCL Board of Directors may only be made to the NTSSA A&D Committee in accordance with the rules of NTSSA.
2. A&D Committee.
a. Specific duties and jurisdiction of the A&D Committee are set forth in the LHGCL League Rules. In accordance with, or in addition to the League Rules, the A&D Committee shall:
(1) Be comprised of the Chairman and no more than ten (10) members as provided in the LHGCL League Rules. Three members of this Committee (including the Chairman) shall constitute a quorum at any meeting or hearing of the A&D Committee.
(2) Hold hearings and rule on:
(a) Matters concerning team, player, coach, and/or team representative misconduct brought before it either by written referee report or other written complaint of misconduct filed by any Board member or any other person.
(b) Any player ejected from a game.
(c) Any coach ejected from a game. If deemed appropriate, the A&D Committee has the absolute right to require any coach cautioned in a game to appear before the committee and assess penalties as deemed appropriate.
(d) The accumulation of excessive penalty points by any LHGCL team.
(3) Allow the accused party or parties the opportunity to be present at A&D Committee hearings.
(4) Be empowered to assess penalties, including, but not limited to, assessment of penalty points, issuance of game suspensions, or any other penalty as may be deemed appropriate by the Committee to any player, coach, team representative, or team on matters of misconduct or unethical behavior as is brought before the Committee in writing.
b. Appeals of Decisions of the A&D Committee: Appeals of decisions of the A&D Committee may only be made to the LHGCL Board of Directors. A written appeal must be received by the President of LHGCL within five (5) days of the decision of the A&D Committee and must be accompanied by a cashier’s check or money order in the amount of ONE HUNDRED AND NO/100THS DOLLARS ($100.00), made payable to the LHGCL which will be refunded if the appeal is upheld. The appeal procedures must follow the guidelines of the NTSSA.
3. Referee Committee.
a. The referee committee shall be chaired by a person appointed by the President of LHGCL. It is recommended that the Chairman of the Referee Committee be a registered USSF referee. He/she shall serve as an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors. The Chairman of the Referee Committee is charged with the following duties:
(1) Be responsible for overseeing all referee activities within the League, and setting strict standards for the referees in order to utilize only the most qualified and highest quality game officials possible.
(2) Make recommendations concerning the employment of a referee assignor.
(3) Supervise the assignments made by the referee assignor, including receiving and reviewing all referee assessments and reports concerning referees, and making recommendations and/or directives to the referee assignor and/or Board of Directors accordingly.
(4) Coordinate activities of all assessors and evaluators for the League.
(5) Receive weekly lists of assignments from the referee assignor and review same in order to make recommendations and/or issue directives to the referee assignor concerning referee assignments.
(6) Conduct training sessions for league referees as deemed necessary by the Referee Committee and/or the LHGCL Board of Directors. At least one training session per year is recommended.
(7) Perform any other duties concerning the LHGCL referees as deemed necessary by the Board of Directors.
b. The Chairman of the Referee Committee may appoint a committee of no more than six (6) members to assist him/her with the carrying out of the above duties.
4. Advisory Board. An Advisory Board shall be maintained under the supervision of the LHGCL Vice President which will consist of a representative from each Club with at least three teams participating in the Classic League, and one other person who shall represent the individual teams and Clubs with fewer than three teams participating in LHGCL. Should a Club have a representative on the Board of Directors, another representative is not necessary, but the President of LHGCL may appoint another representative from said Club. The Advisory Board members shall serve the following functions:
a. Be non-voting representatives at any meeting of the Board of Directors.
b. Bring input from the Club and/or team(s) they represent regarding problems and/or suggestions.
c. Take information back to the Club and/or team(s) they represent regarding LHGCL.
B. Special Committees. The President may form any special committee as may be necessary to conduct the business of the League. The President may appoint a Chairperson who will be responsible for the specific purpose of the committee.